Welcome to the Library
Provided by Recorded Books, the world's largest independent publisher and distributor of unabridged audiobooks on cassettes, CDs, and downloadable.
The Carnegie Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award encourages library users to recognize the accomplishments of exceptional public, school, college, community college, or university librarians.
A master's degree in library science (MLS or MLIS) is necessary for librarian positions in most public, academic, and special libraries.
Nominate Your Public Librarian
The Library is collecting food, litter, cleaning supplies, paper towels, toys and gift cards to distribute to local animal shelters.
- Storytimes & Special Programs begin September 15.
- Tuesday, September 16,—Personal Touch Home Care will be recruiting for Home Health Aides. Bring Your Resumes!!!
- Monday, September 22, 3:30 p.m.—Book Presentation: "The Great Compost Heap*" by Renaee Smith.
Join us for an informational session with author Renaee Smith as she discusses and demonstrates ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle by composting as demonstrated in her new children’s book The Great Compost Heap.
*Books can be purchased and autographed at conclusion of the program.
- Wednesday, September 24, 7 p.m.—Library Board of Trustees Meeting. Public encouraged to attend!!
- Thursday, September 25, 6:30 p.m.—Hospice Volunteers: Because Every Moment Matters presented by
Gentiva Home Health & Hospice. Bring your Volunteer Spirit!!!
- Saturday, September 27, 12:00 p.m.—The NJ Council for the Humanities presents Classic Broadway with a Twist featuring Nina Deutsch, Pianist & Lecturer.
The music and personalities of the great Broadway composers including Gershwin, Rodgers, Kern, Berlin and
Bernstein are brought to life. This program will include classic favorites as Tonight, Maria, The Sound of Music, Always, Can't Help Loving Dat Man and many others.
The songs are done as sing-a-longs with the audience. Lyric sheets will be available
- Monday, September 29, 6:30 p.m.—Between the Covers: Book Discussion Club. We'll be discussing the books read throughout the summer.
- Tuesday, September 30, 12 p.m.—Blood Pressure Screening by Westfield Health Board.
- Tuesday, September 30, 6 p.m.—Family Bingo.
- Thursday, October 2, 6:15 p.m.—Special Flannel Board Story Night, ages 3-6.
- Thursday, October 9, 5 p.m.—Friends of the Library Meeting.
- Monday, October 27, 6:30 p.m.—Between the Covers: Book Discussion Club. We'll be discussing the books read throughout the summer.
- Every Monday—Conversational English with Sister Ann:
Beginners: 11-12; Advanced: 12-1
- Every Wednesday, starting September 17, 3:15-4 p.m.—Lego Club.
- Every Thursday, starting September 18, at 11 a.m.—Conversational English with Anthony.
- Every Thursday, starting September 18, 3-4 p.m.—Math Help, grades K-8.
- for senior citizens, Nursing Home residents, or any other individuals needing a smile.
We are collecting crayon drawings from children to donate them to the Color A Smile non-profit organization.
Click on the image above to see more pictures from various library events.